Wednesday, February 17, 2010

planning and plotting

So I have been obsessively planning my trip to Vegas and while I love every minute of it I can't help but think of how fun it would be to just be slightly more impulsive about the whole adventure.

I think I have most of my clothes in place and I finally decided that I would just look for a swimsuit while I was there because shipping to Canada is just a trial.

Speaking of pain though I waited too long to buy this pair of Stuart Weitzman espadrilles and now my size is gone . I'm consoling myself with the idea that they were out of my price range anyway but I just feel like I'll never find another more perfect sandahl no matter how long I look.


Shoes hate me no matter what kind I buy I usually have to break them in and suffer through getting blisters so if I don't find some good sandahls soon it will be be a painful trip as I need to start the breaking-in/healing process now.

However, nothing and I do mean nothing has ever kicked my sewing gene into overdrive like planning this trip. Check out these cute patterns I just picked up on etsy:

this one is from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ahandfulofravens located in Canada :)





Getting around to sewing them will be another matter but I they were close to the same price I would have paid for some ugly new pattern so I felt like I couldn't pass up the chance to try my hand at some authentic vintage sewing.

No comments: