Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Must Have

The thing I was most happy to have on my Viva adventure last year turned out to be something completely unfashionable -it was a shoulder/shopping bag that I could carry with me and didn't require any hand holding or under arm wedging.  I debated long and hard last year about purse options there was the vintage lucite, there was the wicker/straw, there was the something pin-striped, and the classic clutch but here's the thing.  I like to take my camera and I like to shop.  I don't like leaving my camera and it is impossible to dance holding a little purse of any sort.

I love this purse and it hold a ton of stuff but it does not easily go over my shoulder and it would have been tough to safely pack.  I also was constantly in need of my cell for texting because the place is huge and sooner or later someone in the group always gets lost.  So unless you know you will not want to get a text, dance, take a picture of some not to be repeated moment, or buy a CD to have autographed at the show.  You might want to carry something that you can sling over your shoulder and be instantly hands free. 

I know I know it is all in the hotel; a hotel of a size you have never imagined...and with 4000 other people waiting for the elevator to take their new CD back to their room.  Time is precious and elevator waits are long.

The place I was most glad last year to have my fold up red with leopard print shopping bag/carry-all was the car show.  I ended up buying coffee cups for my dad and let me tell you I was sure glad I could safely and easily store them in my bag and go watch the show without trying to find my ubiquitous silver rental car. 

So that is my must have a good looking shoulder bag that folds up when it is empty and stays easily on my shoulder when it's not!  I'm in the process of sewing new one right now if it turns out I will be sure to post the results!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great tips! I run into the same problem with my tiny lucite purses!