Tuesday, January 31, 2012

California Part 2

Well brave adventurers we are we set off once again on the bus headed to our hotel in Orange County.  Saturday was my free day so after we got to the hotel and got rid of our luggage I took off for Orange Circle determined to get the most out of my all day bus pass.

Along the way I unexpectedly found a Target and got supplies for Disneyland the next day which was great and some cheap Elf make up brushes (read $1 to $3).  I did finally get to Orange Circle though and learned that it is the geographical center of Orange County and definitely worth a walk through for the lovely mix of places to eat and antique malls and stores.  I once again had my handy retro shopping map but really didn't need it once I got there because it was easy to get around fun to wander.
I was thrilled to add a Cherry Red Bakelite bangle to my collection at 30% after some digging through a display case and generally thrilled just to walk about and see some of the coolest furniture on the planet at I place called Woody's (check out that ta-booth in the window) and then right next door a cupcake place that was feature on the Food Network mmm delicious :)

After wearing out my feet and my eyes I knew I better head home so I'd be ready for the big show the next day (Disneyland).  On my way to the bus stop however I was smitten by two more sights one of which I will catch you up on later but for now here are some last looks to hold you.


No comments: