Monday, April 16, 2012

Viva 15 - Wednesday / Thursday / Friday

I left for Viva late on Wednesday and had a stop over in Vancouver.  It was hellish all the way drove the rental car the wrong direction!  I almost kissed the bed in the hotel room when I finally got there.  So, Wednesday, arrived = accomplishment.

Thursday did some errands.  Went to Trader Joe's for groceries, went to Lee's for booze (got the new Absolut Grapevine which is heavenly) and some minis for good measure.  Got my wristband and wore my jeans and ivory/silver cowboy shirt to see Justin Curtis.  Ah music at last even had a chair to relax in.  Next went back to the room and freshened up my drink and got ready to go see Big Sandy and the original Flyrite Trio.  Amazing.  I cropped this from a video clip I took of Thru Dreaming.  TK Smith smiling is one of the best parts of the show as I it seemed he might of been happier playing from back stage.  Highlights included Kaw liga cover and flask and "Flask and you shall receive."  Had many good intentions of going back but to be honest I was plain tuckered out at this pointed and decided to save my energy for the rest of the weekend.

Friday I was determined to get some vintage shopping in before Saturday's action-packed agenda.  I made my way East to Buffalo Exchange and got a awesome black tooled belt for $10 and some gold shoes $10 regular $85 never worn (or at least not enough to where away the nordstrom tag).  Then it was off to the antique mall in hunt of all that is awesome -that turned out to be very little in my price range but I did get a collection of vintage Vegas postcards which I think might frame up nicely in my new house.  Then it was a quick stop at In and Out Burger before rushing back to the hotel to see the Charles Phoenix slideshow of pools and patios.  Fabulous as always (I know you know).

After that it was time to get changed and I decided to where my atomic diamonds dress.  I did my hair pinned up and had to mix and match my navy cardigan with my black Miz Mooz shoes (bad packing).  I checked out the vendors and ended up buying a pair of Re-Mix wedges despite myself.  I saw the Blue Collar Combo (all very cute and talented) and then Ruby Dee & the Snakehandlers (wild and crazy), the Planet Rockers (Eddie Angel :) ) and then part of Si Cranstoun before retiring.  Saturday was yet to come and things were shaping up to be awesome!








No comments: