Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear Internet

Dear Internet - it is time I confess.  I have been collecting dishes like a mad woman for a while now.  It started as harmless browsing and progressed into hmmm I need to have a dinner party to justify this collection.
So, I'm coming clean.  I the Scarlet Slpper collect Franciscan Oasis and yes I think it is cooler than Starburst.  Please feel free to go and buy all the pieces I am stocking on ebay I don't need anymore.  Except the crescent plates -would sell my baby sister for some more crescent plates.  I think if Franciscan hadn't designed crescent plates I might never have started collecting the dishes in the first place -not to mention the giant coffee cups, those spoon rests, that covered casserole dish...can I get a Hallelujah?  Jimbo?

My dream is someday I will live in house with coved celings and a built-in china cabinet and there will live my Oasis and my Eva Zeisel Harlequin (opps you aren't supposed to know about that) we will eat off of everyday except well you know the extra minty things those I will keep in the cabinet for holidays ;)

Did I mention that Oasis can go in the dishwasher and micro?  Incidentally, that's what  made me give up on the Zeisel well that and I could never win any at a reasonable price.  So yeah I never wanted china.  I never cared about dishes I thought pottery was for hippies but then a I saw Oasis and am going to have to rid myself of my magazine collection so I can justify lugging around these dishes for the rest of my life.  Don't tell anyone okay?  And avert your eyes or refer me to a 12 step dish program in my area :)

No comments: