Tuesday, April 20, 2010

pushing my buttons

Recently, I thought it would be fun to make embroidered covered buttons.  I love the result but I need to put this in writing that I will never again wax poetic about embroidering the on the world's smallest circle and then trying to center and the design on a 5/8th of an inch metal top circle while forcing all the fabric end into the backing.  Let's just say it took a day or two before my fingers weren't bruised anymore.  Looking at this picture it is hard too keep in mind though as I do love them (stop reread previous sentences). 

Good news though a new girl baby arrived in my circle of friends today so all thoughts of buttons will be replaced by what should I make for this latest edition...bib, blanket, doll are options I've done before but maybe I should develop a new baby craft...hmmm...I will have to see what this weekend brings.

No comments: