Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday night and I just got paid...

So captain's log April 3, Las Vegas, quadrant.  Breakfast in hotel room mail postcard and then back to see if stupid sibling has sufficiently recovered to proceed with day's plans.  Neon graveyard or bust had made appointement as was not going to get lost or be late however first another stop at Target to buy sister proper footwear, socks, bandaids, belt and hangover food.

Made it in time and while the graveyard was in a state of disarray as they prepare to build a museum building it was still nice to do something that was educational.
Next it was back to the hotel room for a bit of respite before I rushed around and got ready for the car show.  It was hot and windy and I was pretty much mission oriented as I made it to the car show in time to hear the Chop Tops and Chuck Berry.  I'm all about the macro shots of the amazing details on all these cars.  It makes me smile to see the personal touches and thought that people put into every aspect of these cars.

I managed to only slightly burn my part and the back of my neck and I picked up a shirt for my dad and some SoCal coffee cups for the homestead before heading back to the car.  I didn't see Dita but it was pretty crowded and so I was mostly glad to find my way out.  I was parked in the oversized lot and will be eternally grateful to a latino guy and the girls with him who helped me get out of my parking spot moving their truck and directing me through the maze of randomly parked cars & trucks.  I wore jeans and my hot pink sweater with my boring jacket to keep the sun off.

Made it back to the hotel and tried to drag sister out but she was not having it so we had a terrible supper in one of the hotel bars after seeing the VooDoo lounge and restaurant on the 50th or something floor.  I got ready to go see Wanda Jackson.  I wore my new red flair skirt and my flat dance shoes...I should have taken pictures but I just never feel up to it because I'm always running late.  Came home after that and showed sister videos and pics of the day and went to bed so I could get up and get ready to check out on Sunday.

No comments: